The "Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, by Drug Class, By Cancer Type, by Distribution Channel, and by Region - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Immune checkpoint inhibitors are a part of immuno-oncology therapies, which involves use of patients' immune system to fight against cancer. Immuno-oncology uses novel immunotherapies such as immune checkpoint inhibitors that boost the immune system of patients. These therapies target the immune system of the body instead of the tumors and enable the immune system to recognize and target cancer cells. Immune checkpoint inhibitors are immunotherapy products that block the proteins, which stop immune system from attacking the cancer cells.
These drugs block certain checkpoint proteins such as CTLA-4, PD-1, and PD-L1. Manufacturers are engaged in research and development of immune checkpoint inhibitors as standalone therapies as well as in combination with other immuno-oncology products. Immune checkpoint inhibitors work against a wide variety of cancer, which include non-small cell lung cancer, lymphoma, skin cancer, breast cancer, and others. Depending on the functioning of these therapies they are further classified into subtypes such as programmed death receptor-1 (PD-1) inhibitors, programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1) inhibitors, and cytotoxic t-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4) inhibitors. Commercially available immune checkpoint inhibitors include Iplimumab, Nivolumab, Rituximab, Blinatumomab, Proleukin, Gardasil, and Kymriah.
The rise in prevalence of cancer is expected to drive the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market. For instance, according to the American Cancer Society, in 2022, 1,918,030 new cancer cases and 609,360 cancer deaths are projected to occur in the United States, including approximately 350 deaths per day from lung cancer, the leading cause of cancer death.
In 2022, there will be approximately 4,820,000 and 2,370,000 new cancer cases, and 3,210,000 and 640,000 cancer deaths in China and the USA, respectively. Estimated numbers of new cancer cases and deaths in 2022 (In 2022, there will be an estimated 1.9 million new cancer cases diagnosed and 609,360 cancer deaths in the United States.)
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2022-2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market based on the following parameters - company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global immune checkpoint inhibitors market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market
Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Drug Class:
- Programmed Death Receptor-1 (PD-1) Inhibitors
- Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
- Nivolumab (Opdivo)
- Cemiplimab (Libtayo)
- Programmed Death-Ligand 1 (PD-L1) Inhibitors
- Atezolizumab (Tecentriq)
- Avelumab (Bavencio)
- Durvalumab (Imfinzi)
- CTL-4 Checkpoint Inhibitor
- Ipilimumab (Yervoy)
- Indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) Inhibitors
- Lymphocyte-Activation Gene 3 Inhibitors
Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Cancer Type:
- Lung Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Skin Cancer (Melanoma and Merkel Cell Carcinoma)
- Blood Cancer (Lymphoma)
- Bladder Cancer (Urothelial Carcinoma)
- Renal/Kidney Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Novartis International AG
- ImmunOs Therapeutics AG
- Immutep Ltd.
- NewLink Genetics Corporation
- Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Region
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Objectives and Assumptions
2. Market Purview
3. Market Dynamics, Regulations, and Trends Analysis
4. Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market- Impact of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic
5. Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Drug Class, 2017 - 2030, (US$ Million)
6. Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Cancer Type, 2017 - 2030, (US$ Million)
7. Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Distribution Channel, 2017 - 2030, (US$ Million)
8. Global Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market, By Region, 2017 - 2030, (US$ Million)
9. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w4zbgl
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900