The "The Global Market for Metal-organic Frameworks (MOFs) 2023-2033" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) are self-assembled combinations of metals and inorganic ligands that result in a relatively young class of highly ordered, porous materials. MOFs with the ability to [selectively] adsorb molecules into their pores/ on their internal surfaces.
Due to their high surface area (>7000 m2/g), extremely high porosity and favourable thermal properties, MOFs are being investigated in gas storage and separation, purification, carbon capture, utilization and storage, electrochemical energy storage and sensing. Commercial activity has grown greatly in recent years. Baker Hughes has recently purchased Mosaic Materials, which makes carbon dioxide-capturing materials based on metal-organic frameworks (MOFs).
MOFs are highly attractive for a range of industrial applications as they use non-hazardous feedstock, are cost-effective and environmentally friendly. They are potentially key materials in industrial adsorption, storage processes and catalysis and are a leading technology candidate for carbon capture. MOFs can be used to store, separate, release or protect in a range of applications including:
- Air and water filtration.
- Carbon capture, utilization and storage.
- Gas storage and delivery, and natural gas storage and purification.
- Improved chemical separations.
- Batteries and supercapacitors.
- Food packaging.
- Drug delivery.
- Fuel production.
- Solvent or heavy metal recovery.
- Adsorbents for organic pollutants.
- Water harvesting.
- Heat exchangers.
A number of start-ups are bringing MOF products to the market, and production volumes have increased in the past two years.
Report contents include:
- Technical analysis of Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs).
- Applications of Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs).
- Market supply chain map.
- MOF industry developments 2021-2023.
- Addressable markets for Metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). Markets covered include Coatings, Carbon Capture, Gas Capture, Separation and Storage, Biomedicine (Drug delivery, antibacterials, biosensors and bioimaging), Sensors, Air and Water Filtration, Water Harvesting, Batteries and Supercapacitors, Heat Exchangers and Air Conditioning.
- Estimated global market revenues to 2033, by market.
- Profiles of 26 companies including products and targeted markets. Companies profiled include Promethean Particles, MOF Technologies, Atomis, Water Harvesting, Inc., NuMat Technologies, novoMOF AG, MOFWORX.
Key Topics Covered:
1.3.1 Solvothermal Method
1.3.2 Electrochemical Method
1.3.3 Microwave-Assisted Method
1.3.4 Solvothermal Method
1.3.5 Diffusion Method
1.3.6 Mechanochemical Method
1.3.7 Sonochemical Method
1.3.8 Room Temperature Method
1.4 Markets and applications
1.5 Industry developments 2021-2023
2 MARKETS FOR METAL-ORGANIC FRAMEWORKS (MOF)
2.1 Market supply chain
2.2 Separation and Storage
220.127.116.11 Hydrogen capture and storage
18.104.22.168 Carbon capture and storage
2.4.1 Drug delivery
2.4.3 Biosensors and bioimaging
2.6 Air and water filtration
2.7 Water harvesting
2.8 Batteries and supercapacitors
2.9 Heat exchangers
3 GLOBAL MARKET REVENUES 2018-2033
4 METAL-ORGANIC FRAMEWORKS (MOF) PATENTS
4.1 Global MOF patent applications
4.2 Patenting by sector
4.3 Patenting by regional authority
5 METAL-ORGANIC FRAMEWORKS (MOF) PRODUCER PROFILES (26 company profiles)
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes
- AspiraDAC Pty Ltd.
- Atomis, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Carbon Infinity Limited
- Framergy, Inc.
- Green Science Alliance
- Immaterial Ltd
- Matrix Sensors, Inc.
- MOF Technologies Ltd.
- Montana Technologies
- Mosaic Materials, Inc(Baker Hughes)
- MOFApps AS
- novoMOF AG
- NuMat Technologies, Inc.
- Orchestra Scientific S.L.
- ProfMOF AS
- Promethean Particles Ltd.
- Svante, Inc.
- SyncMOF Co., Ltd.
- Transaera, Inc.
- UniSieve Ltd.
- Water Harvesting ,Inc.
- Inmondo Tech
- MOFgen Ltd.
- RiMO Therapeutics
- ZoraMat Solutions
- STREM Chemicals Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/klf17m-global-market?w=4
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230127005192/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900