SPONSORED CONTENT -- (StatePoint) Selecting thoughtful gifts and preparing delicious, home-cooked meals are two ways we show loved ones we care, and now, it’s easier than ever to infuse more flavor into the holidays when accomplishing both these tasks.
Whether you’re shopping for your favorite foodie or you’re hosting and want to add extra oomph to holiday dishes, you can spice things up with The TEN, by McCormick, a giftable and useful kit of 10 staple spices meant to inspire cooks of all backgrounds, from those just dipping their toes into the world of flavor to seasoned kitchen vets. With a unique numbering system, each sleek package has been designed in a way that’s easy to store and organize, and includes basil leaves, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano leaves, paprika, parsley flakes and crushed red pepper. Offering culinary inspiration too, an accompanying QR code unlocks ideas, delicious recipes, spice pairings, exclusive videos and more on the McCormick Flavor Maker app.
But there’s no need to wait until your gift exchange to let flavor take center stage. To help home chefs get started now, McCormick has partnered with actress, singer and television personality Keke Palmer to share this custom recipe for Bacon and Veggie Quiche using classic McCormick spices included in The TEN.
10 minutes prep time
55 minutes cook time
266 calories per serving
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
• 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
• 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Pure Ground Black Pepper
• 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
• 6 slices thick-sliced bacon or turkey bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (about 1 cup)
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (optional)
• 4 large eggs
• 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk
• 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
• 1 teaspoon McCormick Onion Powder
• 1 teaspoon McCormick Parsley Flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Crushed Red Pepper
1. Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add vegetables, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes until softened. Remove from heat.
2. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch pie plate. Layer vegetable mixture, bacon and cheese in pie crust. Whisk eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and crushed red pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Pour egg mixture over filling in pie crust.
3. Bake on lowest oven rack 40 to 45 minutes until set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, after 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Test Kitchen Tip: For a low-carb pie crust: Mix 2 cups almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder and 1/3 cup unsalted butter in medium bowl until dough forms. Press into bottom of a 9-inch pie plate sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Blind bake crust in preheated 325 degree F oven 10 minutes. Prepare recipe as directed using low-carb crust in place of store-bought crust.
For more gifting information, visit https://shop.mccormick.com.
If gifting and cooking are central to the holiday season for you, don’t be shy about infusing more flavor into the festivities this year.