Dermatologist and Neuroscientist, Dr. Erin Gilbert, MD, PhD, FAAD, Discusses How to Control the Effects of the ‘Exposome’
NEW YORK (PRWEB) October 30, 2019
80% of skin aging is caused internal and external aggressors known as the Exposome. Every day, our skin is attacked by Exposome factors like pollution, stress, fatigue, UV damage and so much more. Recently, Neuroscientist, and Vichy Laboratories consulting Dermatologist, Dr. Erin Gilbert, MD, PhD, FAAD, teamed with Vichy Laboratories and YourUpdateTV to discuss how to control the effects of the Exposome.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/-C4cixaHH1k
The Exposome is the cumulative impact of internal and external aggressors, like pollution, stress, UV exposure and fatigue, that we are exposed to daily. These Exposome aggressors account for 80% of skin aging and manifest on the skin in different ways, from wrinkles to discoloration to acne. Only 20% of how you age is due to genetics.
Dr. Gilbert always tells her patients – which include A-list models, actors and fashion/beauty industry insiders – to maintain a healthy, hydrated and well-protected skin barrier. Taking care of the skin barrier, and finding protects to protecting against daily Exposome aggressors is a key element for healthier skin. Here are some tips to remember:
1. Keep your skin hydrated: this is the foundation of healthy skin, so pay extra attention when facing Exposome aggressors that can dry out the skin, such as air travel, temperature changes and high altitudes.
2. Look for powerful, dermatologist-grade ingredients like Pure Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides and Retinol. These ingredients can help counteract the harmful effects the Exposome has on the skin by encouraging collagen production, plumping wrinkles and protecting against future damage.
3. Apply SPF with broad-spectrum protection daily, even when indoors, to protect against UV rays, one of the most harmful Exposome aggressors, that causes wrinkles and loss of firmness.
4. Always clean your skin even if you don’t wear make-up to remove impurities from your skin. Pollution is another Exposome aggressor that leaves particles on your skin that can lead to wrinkles, enlarged pores, discoloration or even acne!
5. Stress, diet and lack of sleep are all internal Exposome aggressors that lead to visible signs of aging on the skin – take care of yourself to help achieve strong, healthy skin!
Dr. Gilbert uses and recommends Vichy Laboratories, whose products are formulated with Vichy Mineralizing Water: a very potent thermal water, full of 15 essential minerals and clinically proven to strengthen the skin’s natural defenses against daily Exposome aggressors. Mineral 89 combines 89% of Vichy Mineralizing Water and Natural-Origin Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate, plump and fortify the skin against daily Exposome aggressors. While efficacious, this pure formula is paraben-free, fragrance-free with only 11 ingredients, making it ideal for all skin types.
Dr. Gilbert also recommends using a Vitamin C in your routine: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and one of the most recommended ingredients by dermatologists. Dr. Gilbert uses Vichy’s potent LiftActiv Vitamin C Serum formulated with 15% Pure Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid to boost the skin’s collagen production, smooth wrinkles, brighten the skin and fight off Exposome damage caused by UV rays and pollutants. Clinically proven to brighten and firm the skin in just 10 days, LiftActiv Vitamin C Serum is paraben-free, fragrance-free, and makes the perfect addition to any anti-aging regimen.
For more information on how you can protect your skin, check out VichyUSA.com
About Dr. Erin Gilbert:
Dr. Erin Gilbert, MD, PhD, FAAD, is a board-certified dermatologist and neuroscientist with a rich academic pedigree and extensive professional experience. Dr. Gilbert provides scientifically proven treatments in the fields of skin care and skin aging in a highly personal environment through her established clinical practice, Gilbert Dermatology – located in Brooklyn, NY. Her clientele includes A-list models, actors and fashion industry insiders. Dr. Gilbert also serves as VP and Board member of the Women’s Dermatologic Society. More recently, Dr. Gilbert was appointed the first US-based Consulting Dermatologist for L’Oréal brand Vichy Laboratories, providing her with an opportunity to share her expertise and skincare philosophies with patients and consumers alike.
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content, produced by award-winning video communications firm, D S Simon Media (http://www.dssimon.com). It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: https://www.prweb.com/releases/the_skin_aging_factor_youve_never_heard_of_the_exposome/prweb16687117.htm