Aramark Chefs Share Global, Plant-Forward Recipes
Just in time for the Summer Games, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the largest U.S.-based food services provider, is encouraging families to take advantage of summer’s bounty, by cooking up plant-forward menus inspired by flavors from around the world.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210728005252/en/
In celebration of the Summer Games, Aramark tapped into its network of more than 1,000 chefs, who serve more than a billion meals each year, to create a list of globally inspired summer recipes, like this Mexican Street Corn Salad, that also pack a plant-forward punch. (Photo: Business Wire)
In celebration of the start of the Summer Games, Aramark tapped into its network of more than 1,000 chefs, who serve more than a billion meals each year, and heart-healthy recipes from the American Heart Association, to create a list of globally inspired summer recipes, that also pack a plant-forward punch. Aramark and the American Heart Association, the leading global volunteer organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke for all, work together through the Healthy for Life® initiative, to empower people to make healthy food and lifestyle choices.
Plant-Forward Dishes with International Flavor
Planning on cheering on your home country at a Summer Games barbeque? These plant-forward recipes will impress family and friends and are great on their own or in addition to your traditional summer favorites.
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower Wrap: Crunchy chickpeas, savory roasted cauliflower, hummus, feta, and other flavors combine in this satisfying vegetarian sandwich.
- Thai Peanut Noodle Salad: Noodles, cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper, green onions, and peanuts, tossed in honey peanut dressing.
- Oaxacan Avocado Jicama Appetizer: This unique avocado appetizer recipe uses jicama, a Mexican root vegetable, for a crispy and healthy alternative to crackers.
- Greek Seven-Layer Dip: Grab some pitas and enjoy this tasty Greek-inspired, heart-healthy snack or appetizer.
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad with Chickpeas: Grapes add a sweet note to this super simple, savory, meatless meal, which is easy to pull together on a busy night.
Get Inspired by Global Spices
Look no further than the spice aisle to recreate your favorite international cuisines. The fragrant and vibrant notes from spices and herbs are one of the many ways each culture distinguishes one cuisine from another. These recipes put popular flavor profiles to good use.
- Indian: Cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, mustard powder, and chili powder make the perfect blend.
- Island & Creole: Spice up your dish with allspice, cayenne, thyme, ginger, and salt, for a taste of the islands.
- Mexican: Cue the cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. Craving some heat? Kick things up a notch with chili powder.
Since 2015, Aramark and the American Heart Association have worked together on an innovative health impact initiative that empowers people from across the country to lead healthier lives. Through Healthy for Life®, Aramark has broken new ground, engaged consumers, supported underserved communities, and improved the health and wellbeing of its own employees and their families. In recognition of Aramark's achievements, the American Heart Association honored the Company with the Award of Meritorious Achievement, this past June.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world with food, facilities, and uniform services. Because our culture is rooted in service, our employees strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. Aramark has been named to DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list, the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity,” the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.