WonderFi Technologies Inc (TSX:WNDR) (OTCQB:WONDF) is a technology company focused on creating better access to digital assets through centralized and decentralized platforms. The company provides unified access to digital assets, including crypto, DeFi, gaming, and NFTs.
Under its brands, Bitbuy, Coinberry and UniiFi, WonderFi provides access to the best that the crypto ecosystem has to offer.
WonderFi Announces Upcoming Launch of Bitbuy Staking
WonderFi Technologies just announced that, through its subsidiary Bitbuy, it is now the first TSX-listed digital currency trading platform to receive approval from Canadian securities regulators to offer staking to Canadian investors.
Recent metrics show that due to the ongoing cryptocurrency and stock market downturn, investors are now holding onto their crypto at an increasing rate. Until recently, Canadians primary option for access to cryptocurrency staking was through unregistered platforms.
Bitbuy Staking, which is expected to launch November 28, will allow users to leverage their crypto balances to earn crypto rewards through on-chain staking. Crypto assets associated with proof-of-stake blockchains like Solana (SOL) and Ethereum (ETH) may be bonded to the protocol to help validate transactions and secure the network, in exchange for receiving additional crypto assets as a reward.
“Until recently, Canadian investors only had the option to stake on unregistered platforms,” said WonderFi President and Interim CEO, Dean Skurka. “As a result, this placed undue risk on Canadian investors, and provided limited oversight in the event that things went wrong. By working with our regulators, and utilizing our external custodian, BitGo, and our institutional staking provider, Figment, we are focused on reducing counterparty risk for our clients. We are excited to offer Canadians the option to stake their crypto in a regulated and transparent environment.”
At launch, WonderFi estimates that Bitbuy users will have the ability to stake Solana (SOL) for an annualized reward rate of 5-7%. The company expects Ethereum (ETH) staking and other proof-of-stake supported assets to be added in the near term. Bitbuy plans to pay earned rewards weekly, calculated from the protocol reward rate which is variable and different for each network.
Incoming CEO Dean Skurka to Lead Organizational Change
WonderFi Technologies also recently announced that it is turning its focus on four regulated business segments meant to help it optimize the revenue potential of its more than 600,000 Canadian clients thanks to rising user demand, the lifting of gaming restrictions, and current market trends. The four areas include traditional equities, digital assets, staking plus yield products, and regulated products like gaming and sports betting.
Dean Skurka, the incoming CEO of WonderFi, will lead the organizational change. Skurka, who previously held the position of President at Bitbuy, played a crucial role in helping the company grow its registered customer base from around 2,600 in 2018 to more than 400,000 last year.
He also helped Bitbuy grow yearly revenue from $1 million to more than $32 million over that period. As a result, he made Bitbuy the first authorized cryptocurrency platform in Canada through the CSA and OSC's exemptive relief scheme and facilitated around $4 billion in trading volume in 2021.
Skurka outlines WonderFi's diverse commercial objectives under his new position:
“Revenue growth and profitability are WonderFi’s top priority and by including the trading of equities, staking and yield products, access to sports betting and gaming, and other regulated offerings, we will dramatically bolster our average revenue per user, while simultaneously developing a comprehensive ecosystem for users like ours to generate wealth in the most modern of ways.”
Diversification Of Investments Critical In Wealth Creation
Explaining the diversification, WonderF’s strategic investor Kevin O’Leary said:
"The key to wealth generation is diversification. There is a direct correlation between those who buy and sell crypto, and stocks, and seek out other wealth-generating products. It makes perfect sense to deliver that to WonderFi’s 600,000 customers within one fully regulated, Canadian-operated ecosystem.”
Ben Samaroo shall continue to serve on WonderFi's board of directors to maintain sustainability for the company's relationships with its major shareholders, authorities, and the financial markets. As CEO and co-founder of WonderFi, Samaroo led the historic acquisition of Coinberry for $38 million, the purchase of Bitbuy for $206 million, raising approximately $100 million, and turned the company into the only licensed cryptocurrency firm to be listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
“I fully endorse Dean Skurka as the next CEO of WonderFi. We are doubling down on offering a wide array of regulated products to our users and Dean, as a proven operational leader, is best suited to lead these efforts,” said Samaroo. “I look forward to continuing our excellent working relationship as he steps into the CEO role.”
Dean Skurka and Ben Samaroo have engaged in new consensual lockup agreements barring any transfer or sale of their stock to show all shareholders their dedication to the future success of WonderFi.
WonderFi is a top tech company with the goal of unifying and improving digital asset access through decentralized and centralized platforms. The company's board of directors and management team has a proven experience in crypto and finance.
For more information on WonderFi Technologies Inc (TSX:WNDR) (OTCQB:WONDF), please visit this link.
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author's immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, WonderFi Technologies Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from WonderFi Technologies Inc.'s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) seventy six thousand Canadian dollars for 17 days (12 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding WonderFi Technologies Inc’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to WonderFi Technologies Inc’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) WonderFi Technologies Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that WonderFi Technologies Inc. intends to offer; (e) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s milestone projections and targets; (f) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute WonderFi Technologies Inc’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of WonderFi Technologies Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) WonderFi Technologies Inc’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact WonderFi Technologies Inc’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing WonderFi Technologies Inc’s business operations (e) WonderFi Technologies Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, WonderFi Technologies Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does WonderFi Technologies Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither WonderFi Technologies Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of WonderFi Technologies Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of WonderFi Technologies Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of WonderFi Technologies Inc. or such entities.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/wonderfi-becomes-first-tsx-listed-company-to-receive-approval-to-offer-crypto-staking-805495225